The shortlist has been published and it's a strong list indeed. So rather than say any more, I'm just going to let you relish those titles.
- Reading the Liver: Papyrological Texts on Ancient Greek Extispicy (Mohr Siebeck)
- Too Naked for the Nazis (Fantom Films) by Alan Stafford
- Paper Folding with Children (Floris Books) by Alice Hornecke
- Transvestite Vampire Biker Nuns from Outer Space: A Consideration of Cult Film (MKH Imprint) by Mark Kirwan-Hayhoe
- Behind the Binoculars: Interviews with Acclaimed Birdwatchers (Pelagic Publishing) by Mark Avery and Keith Betton
- Soviet Bus Stops (Fuel) by Christopher Herwig
- Reading from Behind: A Cultural History of the Anus (Zed Books) by Jonathan Allan
You can find out more at the prize's administrative home, The Bookseller.
UPDATE 18 March: And the winner is... Too Naked for the Nazis - believe it or not, a book on the music hall act, Wilson, Keppel and Betty. See The Bookseller.