The warm glow of being a record producer

I have been running a website selling organ accompaniments for hymns and organ voluntaries for a few years now.

Church music is a particular interest of mine, and when I teamed up with the superb organist John Keys and his recording engineer and co-worker Wendy Williams I have been able to sell some excellent CDs and MP3s. But it has all been from my site, so it has felt a little DIY and yard sale. But now I feel like a real record producer.

Thanks to a service by the name of AWAL (Artists Without A Label) I have been able to put one of our CDs in downloadable format on Amazon, iTunes and even Spotify.

I don't know why, but it's immensely satisfying, being able to go onto one of these sites and think 'we did that.'

Comments

  1. Very good idea, that.
    Wish I'd thought of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment