Saturday, 27 February 2010

Why does vanilla get such a bad press?

I've been inspired to write this by a post by the wonderful Lynn Price in Behler Blog, where she asks 'is your main character vanilla?' She says 'I'm not a fan of vanilla.' I know what she means, but I want to stand up for vanilla.

I think it is the most fantastic flavour - subtle, yet deep. The trouble is we're used to stuff called 'vanilla ice-cream' that doesn't really taste of vanilla. Eat something with real vanilla in it and it's a different taste experience.

Go vanilla!

2 comments:

  1. Brian, Brian, Brian, you remain loyal because you fear change. Go out and be daring. Try putting some zing in your zang. You'll thank me. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, I suspect you have never really influenced the joys of proper vanilla. Otherwise, you would know it has plenty of zing. Okay, it's subtle zing - but who says that subtle is bad?

    ReplyDelete